Flagship of the Kawasaki ATV line, the muscular Brute Force® 750 4x4i ATV received a comprehensive round of upgrades for the 2012 model year.
An Electric Power Steering (EPS) system highlights the changes, but is joined by other significant new features like a more-powerful V-twin engine, new double-wishbone front suspension, six-spoke cast alloy wheels and new bodywork featuring wide-stance styling cues covered in Realtree® APG™ HD® camouflage for hunters who value stealth while out in the woods. Realtree APG is printed using a high-definition imaging process that allows it to meld into hardwoods, pine thickets, prairies, river bottoms and other environments. Like always, dual-range four-wheel drive and a highly maneuverable chassis provide amazing traction, handling and utility.
- Engine: Liquid-cooled, 90-degree, four-stroke V-twin
- Valve system: SOHC, four valves per cylinder
- Displacement: 749 cc
- Starting system: Electric
- Bore x Stroke: 85 x 66 mm
- Compression ratio: 9.3:1
- Fuel Injection: DFI®; (2) 36 mm Mikuni throttle bodies
- Ignition: TCBI with digital advance
- Transmission: Continuously variable belt-drive transmission with high and low range, plus reverse, and Kawasaki Engine Brake Control
- Final drive: Selectable four-wheel drive with Variable Front Differential Control, shaft
- Frame Type: Double-cradle, high-tensile tubular steel
- Front suspension / wheel travel: Double Wishbone / 6.7 in.
- Rear suspension / wheel travel: Fully independent, dual A-arm / 7.5 in.
- Front Tire Size: AT25x8-12
- Rear Tire Size: AT25x10-12
- Front brakes: Dual hydraulic 200 mm discs with 2-piston calipers
- Rear Brakes: Sealed, oil-bathed, multi-disc
- Overall length: 86.4 in.
- Overall width: 46.5 in.
- Overall height: 48.0 in.
- Wheelbase: 50.6 in.
- Turning Radius: 10 ft. 6 in.
- Ground clearance: 9.4 in.
- Seat height: 35.8 in.
- Lighting: 35W headlights, 5W taillight, 21W stoplight
- Rack capacity, front / rear: 88 lbs. / 176 lb.
- Towing capacity: 1,250 lb.
- Curb weight: 694.6 lb.
- Fuel capacity: 5.0 gal.
- Instruments: Speedometer, odometer, dual trip meters, fuel gauge, engine temp, clock, hour meter and 2WD/4WD icon, plus indicators for EPS, neutral, reverse, belt, and oil pressure.
- Color Choices: Realtree® APG™ HD®
- Good Times™ Protection Plan: 12, 24, 36 or 48 months
- Warranty: 12 Months
- High-grade Kawasaki electric power steering (EPS) system offers both enhanced handling and increased ride comfort.
- Upgraded fuel injected 90-degree 749cc V-twin Engine offers more power and enhanced low-rpm performance
- New matte black six-spoke cast aluminum wheels replace the old plain steel units and represent a significant upgrade over the old steel units
- Covered in genuine Realtree® APG™ HD® camouflage graphics with blaze orange model designations
- Re-styled bodywork (hood, bumper, fenders and headlight surrounds) are key elements of the Brute Force 750's new wide and rugged design
- Upgraded cargo racks feature stronger 1” tubing that is over 25% larger in diameter than the previous versions and integrated tie-down hook loops for added convenience
- New instrumentation is easier to read at a glance and features a multi-purpose digital display with speedometer, odometer, dual trip meters, fuel gauge, engine temp, clock, hour meter, and 2WD/4WD icon, plus indicator lamps for EPS, neutral, reverse, belt and oil pressure
- New stronger double-cradle frame features additional reinforcement at critical points for increased ride comfort and enhanced ability to absorb shocks when sport riding on rough terrain
More Powerful Fuel Injected 90-Degree 749cc V-Twin Engine
- New cylinder heads provide a higher compression ratio which contributes to increased low rpm torque. Mid-high rpm performance is excellent, as always, but the extra low-end torque enhances performance when launching from a stop
- New camshaft profiles with revised timing and increased valve lift further contribute to the revised engine's power delivery
- New stainless steel exhaust pipes feature revised lengths and two additional pass-through holes inside the muffler to help boost engine performance
- New rubber muffler mounts help minimize stresses on the exhaust system
- New thinner auto compression release (ACR) shaft helps reduce friction where it meets the camshaft and a stronger ACR return spring offers improved starting characteristics
- New starter gear is made of stronger material and uses deeper teeth for increased durability
- Aluminum cylinders are Electrofusion-plated for light weight, long wear and excellent heat dispersion
- Revised top and oil rings for the pistons (piston grooves where modified accordingly) help prevent oil consumption and reduce blow-by gases
- New 33.5 Amp alternator offers increased output to help ensure sufficient current to operate the EPS and other electrical systems. Regulator capacity was also increased accordingly
- New larger radiator is placed high in the chassis for optimum protection against mud and debris
- New larger radiator fan and larger-diameter cooling hoses and pipes help maximize cooling performance from the new radiator
- A self-repairing circuit breaker and dedicated fuse for the fan help keep things cool
- New tuning for the Digital Fuel Injection (DFI®) system matches the revised engine characteristics and helps improve off-idle and low-rpm response
- Dual 36mm throttle bodies are controlled by a 32-bit CPU, which monitors coolant temperature, air intake temperature, throttle position, air intake pressure, vehicle speed and crankshaft angle to help ensure the perfect air/fuel mixture
- Low spring rate for the throttle return springs and ball bearing-equipped throttle bodies minimize friction and enhance throttle action
- Engine can be started in any gear when a brake is applied
- Air for the CVT and engine enter from a reverse-facing snorkel located beneath the handlebars to help protect against water and mud intrusion
- Access to the air filter requires removing only one cover
Upgraded CVT and Powertrain
- Upgraded fully automatic Kawasaki Automatic Powerdrive System (KAPS) continuously variable transmission (CVT) has high and low forward gears plus reverse
- Changing one of the CVT's high gear ratios and using a thicker belt made of stronger material contributes to longer belt life and reduced maintenance requirements
- Revised CVT converter weight and drive spring tuning offers improved acceleration characteristics and increased control during low-speed operation
- Revised CVT duct layout and placement is more effective at preventing the intrusion of water and mud
- Limited-slip front differential reduces steering effort under normal four-wheel drive operation, while Variable Front Differential Control permits rider to distribute torque equally to front wheels for maximum traction
- Selectable two or four-wheel drive operation is controlled by pressing a button located on the handlebar
- Cardan joints on drive shafts absorb torque fluctuations and reduce vibration
- Plastic front and rear axle boots provide protection from debris
- New stronger double-cradle frame features additional reinforcement at critical points (front A-arm mounts, rear stabilizer mounts, engine mounts, footrest mounts, etc), resulting in improved rough terrain handling. The frame's improved ability to absorb shocks when sport riding on rough terrain and the increased ride comfort make it easier to maintain a higher average speed in most conditions
- Offers 9.4 inches of ground clearance
- Fitted with pre-routed tubing and mounting brackets for easy winch wiring and installation
New Electric Power Steering System
- Kawasaki's high-grade Electric Power Steering (EPS) system offers both enhanced handling and increased ride comfort. Turning the bars causes a signal to be sent to the electronic steering control unit, initiating power assist
- The EPS ECU uses input from a vehicle speed sensor and torque sensor to determine the amount of steering assistance required from the system's electric motor. At slow speeds or when stopped, assistance is greatest; assistance is reduced as vehicle speed increases to help ensure predictable handling
- The EPS assembly enhances ride quality and control by also acting as a damping system. Even when steering input is neutral, the added inertia of the electric motor acts as a stabilizer. Likewise, it significantly reduces bump steer and kickback to the bars caused by wheel impacts
- Revised steering assembly relocates the bottom of the steering shaft so that it is no longer directly connected to the front differential. Movement of the differential due to changes in throttle application in 4x4 mode no longer affects the steering assembly, resulting in significantly smoother handling
New Six-Spoke Cast Aluminum Wheels
- New six-spoke cast aluminum wheels replace the old plain steel units and make a significant styling contribution while offering a more premium image
- Mounted with aggressive AT 25 x 8-12 (front) and AT 25 x 10-12 (rear) tires, the premium wheels help give the Brute Force its 9.4 inches of ground clearance
New Wide and Rugged Styling
- High-gloss, scratch-resistant Thermoplastic Olefin (TPO) bodywork offers a tough, scratch resistant surface to help it stay fresh looking for the long haul
- New bodywork (hood, bumper and headlight surrounds) are key elements of the Brute Force 750's new wide and rugged design
- New covered hood storage bin offers additional convenience and is large enough to hold two 16 oz. bottles
- New front and rear fenders complement the tougher-looking design
- Waterproof storage box in the left front fender complements the easy-access storage pocket on the right side
- New dual wide-set 35-watt headlights help provide excellent lighting for nighttime rides
- New taillight design compliments the new wide-stance bodywork
- New cargo racks feature stronger 25.4mm tubing that is over 25% larger in diameter than the previous versions. This enhances durability and helps contribute to the machine's new tougher styling. Total combined rack capacity is 264 Lbs
- The addition of tie-down hook points on the cargo rack tubes make it easier –and far more reliable– to secure a load
- Revised exhaust covers and the addition of heat-resistant padding on the inside of the side covers significantly reduce engine heat transmitted to the rider, contributing to enhanced rider comfort
- Revised deflectors and inner bodywork provide greater overlap between the airbox intake tube and snorkel extension, making it even more difficult for water and/or mud to get into the air cleaner
- New protective shielding under the front hood helps prevent mud from reaching the air intake, and also helps protect the relocated electrical equipment from the elements
- Larger wheel-well flaps help minimize water/mud intrusion into the engine compartment
Independent Double Wishbone Front Suspension
- Revised double wishbone independent front suspension design includes preload adjustable shocks, and features 6.7 inches of suspension travel for a comfortable ride
- Front upper and lower wishbone pivot joints use rubber bushings to minimize maintenance requirements
- Optimized suspension geometry provides light steering
- Revised suspension arm/shock absorber layout (shock absorbers are mounted at a more splayed angle between the upper and lower wishbones) helps minimize sag and allows a higher ground clearance to be maintained once a rider sits on the ATV
- With the revised geometry, single-rate springs were found to offer the best performance
Independent Rear Suspension
- Double A-arms and a preload adjustable shock at each wheel provide superior ride comfort and ground following ability
- Independent rear suspension provides 7.5 inches of travel
- Re-tuned shock settings minimize sag and enable a higher ground clearance to be maintained once a rider sits on the ATV
- Lower rear A-arms feature a combination of needle bearings and ball joints for smooth suspension action, stability and excellent rider comfort
- Upgraded rear stabilizer rods use thicker-walled tubing for increased lateral stability
- Torsion bar helps minimize body roll
- Dual front disc brakes with two-piston calipers and Kawasaki's sealed, oil-bathed, multi-disc rear brake system provide maximum stopping power
- Electronically controlled Kawasaki Engine Brake Control helps to slow the ATV under certain conditions
- New instrumentation is easier to read at a glance and features a multi-purpose digital display with speedometer, odometer, tripmeter, fuel gauge, engine temp, clock, hour meter and indicator lamps for neutral, reverse, 2WD/4WD, belt and oil warnings
- New sport style grips help reduce felt vibration and enhance rider control, as well as offering molded-in safety wire grooves
- Comfortable, upright seating position combines with the independent rear suspension for a plush ride
- New seat material has superb elasticity, offering increased comfort and holding performance. The material is also resistant to cold, allowing it to maintain its suppleness when temperatures drop and reducing the chance of tearing/ripping when exposed to extremely cold environments
- 12-volt electric outlet offers convenient power for accessories
- Aluminum footpegs help minimize weight
- Trailer hitch bracket with 1,250-pound towing capacity is standard equipment